Paneer bhurji is a simple, easy and tasty paneer sabji recipe made with vegetables and scrambled Indian cottage cheese. It tastes great when served with naan, chapatti but can also be served with rice too. This recipe is easy and yields perfect restaurant-style paneer bhurji at home.
Paneer bhurji recipe | how to make restaurant style paneer bhurji | Punjabi paneer bhurji
- 3- litre milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice + water
- Cold water
for chilli garlic paste
- 4-5 dry kashmiri red chili
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- Water as required
For paneer bhurji
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 chopped onion
- Chilli garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 3 medium size chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup chopped capsicum
- ½ cup hung curd
- 1 cup water
- Homemade Paneer
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp butter
- Boil 3 litre of milk in a pan and bring it to a boil. Dilute lemon juice with water and add to hot milk. Stir continuously. Paneer and water separate. Sieve paneer and remove extra water from the paneer. Scramble paneer and keep it aside.
- In a mixture jar, add soaked dry red chilli, ginger, garlic and required water. Grind it into a smooth paste. Chilli garlic paste is ready. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and roast for a minute.
- Then add chopped onion and sauté till onion become translucent.
- Add grinded paste and sauté till oil separates from the sides of the pan.
- Lower the gas flame and add red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt. Cover and cook till tomatoes become soft and mashy.
- Then add chopped capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add hung curd and stir continuously till oil separates from the sides of the pan.
- Now add a cup of water and mix well.
- When the gravy comes to a boil, then add crumbled paneer and mix well.
- Add garam masala and kasuri methi. Mix well.
- Finally, add butter and mix into gravy.
- Switch off the flame and serve paneer bhurji with naan or paratha and onion salad.
- To decrease the sourness of lemon juice dilutes it with water.
- Use dry kashmiri red chilli for the paste.
- Hung curd gives smoothness and creaminess to paneer bhurji.
- Do not overcook the paneer bhurji after adding the paneer to the gravy.
- Butter gives shine and taste to paneer bhurji.