Saragva nu shak is a slightly spicy and creamy curry made with drumsticks and regular spices. A creamy masala paste made with peanuts, gram flour, and sesame seeds is cooked with sabzi gravy until it has developed all the flavors. This dish is not only easy to prepare but also highly nutritious and flavorful. It is usually served as a side dish with rice or roti.
The key to making tasty saragva nu shak at home are
- Firstly, choose fresh, green drumsticks for the sabzi and avoid using frozen ones as they tend to be dry and lack moisture. Use medium-sized drumsticks so that the gravy’s flavor can easily reach the center part of the drumstick.
- Secondly, prepare a paste with peanuts, sesame, and gram flour, which gives the sabzi a creamy and dhaba-style flavor.
- Additionally, you can add other vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and peas to the sabzi to make it more nutritious.
- Finally, Saragva nu shak tastes great when it is prepared slightly spicy with fresh drumsticks.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Saragva nu shak | dhaba style saragva nu shak | drumstick curry recipe
- 3 or 20-25 medium size drumstick pieces
- 2 tbsp + 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp besan
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- Some curry leaves
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup + 1 cup water or as required
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Some coriander leaves
- Wash and make medium size drumstick pieces and keep them aside.
- Now in a pan, add 2 tbsp oil, a pinch of turmeric, salt, and drumstick pieces. Fry it on a medium-high flame.
- Sprinkle some water and cover the pan. Keep flame on low and cook drumstick until it slightly changes color and becomes soft.
- Take out the cooked drumstick and keep it aside.
- Add roasted peanuts, sesame seeds, and gram flour in a mixture jar. Add ¼ cup water and grind it into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Then in a pan, add 4 tbsp oil, cumin seeds, hing, and some curry leaves. Sauté it.
- Now add chopped onion and saute it.
- Then add ginger-garlic and green chili paste and saute it.
- Now lower the flame, and add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and some water. Saute till oil is release from its sides.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and salt. cover and cook till the tomato become soft.
- Now add grinded peanut-sesame-besan paste and mix well. Saute paste till it becomes release sides of the pan.
- Then add cooked drumstick pieces and mix well.
- Now add 1 cup of hot water and mix well.
- Cover and cook the sabzi for 2-3 minutes until oil releasesase from sides and grathickensken.
- Then add jaggery, lemon juice, and some coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Saragva nu shaak is ready to serve with roti or rice.
- choose fresh green and medium-thickness drumsticks for sabzi.
- Sprinkle some water and cook drumstick on low flame.
- Grind everything into smooth and thick paste.
- Grinded paste gives creaminess and dhaba style taste to the sabzi.
- cover and cook sabzi for 5-7 minutes, so the flavor of gravy is absorbed into drumsticks.
- Saragva nu shak tastes great when it is prepared spicy and serve hot.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes