Shimla mirch ki sabzi is a simple and gravy-based curry made with capsicum and regular spices. Unlike other traditional curries, the recipe is made with masala paste making it a unique curry. It is easy to make and can be ideally served with paratha, roti, or with a choice of rice recipe. Do try this!
- Firstly, use fresh and tender capsicum for curry. Also, cut it into medium-sized cubes, you can finely chop them and mix them with the curry.
- you can also add other vegetables like onion, corn, potatoes, or your choice of vegetable to make it more flavored.
- Masala paste gives dhaba-style flavor to the sabzi. I use buttermilk in masala paste to make it more flavorful.
- The consistency of the sabzi has to be thick and should not be watery. also if you are reheating it, you may need to add water to bring it to the required consistency.
- finally, shimla march nu shak tastes great when prepared spicy.
Shimla marcha nu shak | shimla mirch ki sabzi | capsicum masala recipe
For masala paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 medium size or 200 grm green capsicums
- 1 + 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp gram flour besan
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Masala paste
- ¼ cup water or as required
- Coriander leaves
- Wash and cut capsicum into medium size square pieces.
- Then in a bowl, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, kasuri methi, salt, and buttermilk. Mix well and masala paste is ready. Keep it aside.
- Now, in a pan add 1 tbsp oil, capsicum pieces and salt. Sauté it on medium-high flame till it becomes slightly soft. Keep it aside.
- Then in the same pan, add 3 tbsp oil, cumin seeds, and a pinch of hing. Sauté it.
- Now add chopped onion and sauté till it becomes slightly transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté it.
- Now add gram flour (besan) and sauté till it slightly changes its color.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and salt. cover and cook till tomatoes become soft and mashy.
- Now add the masala paste and sauté till oil separates from its sides.
- Then add some water and cover and cook the gravy for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add capsicum pieces and mix well.
- Cook curry for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve shimla mirch ki sabzi with paratha, roti or rice.
- cut capsicum into bigger size pieces.
- you can use curd instead of buttermilk in the masala paste.
- masala paste give dhaba style taste to sabzi.
- besan gives thickness and creaminess to the gravy.
- do not cover sabzi after adding capsicum to it.