It is a tasty and healthy curry recipe made with soya chunks and tomato-onion-based gravy. Soya chunks or nuggets are the by-products of extracting soya bean oil. Soya chunks are easy and quick to cook and turn to be juicy by absorbing the spiced curry. It is simple to prepare and love for all kinds of age groups. Soya bean curries can be easily served with roti, paratha or steamed rice. Do try this!
The key to making tasty soyavadi nu shak at home are
- Soya is a rich source of proteins and vitamins. They are easily cooked and juicy by absorbing the spiced curry.
- boil soyavadi till it absorbs water and becomes 3 times bigger than its size.
- squeeze water from vadi so they will absorb gravy taste and flavor easily. Also, roast vadi in oil so it will properly dry out.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Soyabean ni vadi nu shak | soyavadi nu shak | soyabean curry | soyabean recipe
For boiling soya chunks
- 1 cup soya vadi or soya chunks
- 3 cup water
- Salt to taste
For soyavadi nu shak
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 2 big size finely chopped onion
- 2 green chlli slits
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp sugar - optional
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- Some coriander leaves
- In a pan, add 3 cup water and salt. When water starts to boil, add soya chunks and boil vadi till it absorbs water and becomes 3 times bigger than its size.
- Switch off the flame and rest vadi for 5 minutes in water steam.
- Sieve water from vadi and squeeze vadi properly so water completely drains out from it.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp oil. Add vadi and roast vadi in oil so it will properly dry out. Take out roasted vadi on the plate and keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, add oil and heat it. Then add cumin seeds, bay leaf, dry red chilli, cinnamon, and cloves. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and cook onion till it becomes slightly golden brown. Meanwhile in a mixture jar, add tomatoes, ginger and garlic cloves. Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Then Add green chilli and sauté for a few seconds.
- Now lower the flame and in a bowl take some water, add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add masala paste into oil and sauté till oil separates from its sides.
- Then add tomato puree and salt. Cover and cook gravy till oil separates from its sides.
- Now add soya chunks and mix properly into the gravy.
- Then add 1 cup of water and mix well. Cover and simmer sabzi for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garam masala, sugar and kasuri methi. Mix well
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve soyavadi nu shaak with roti, paratha, or hot steamed rice.
- masala paste gives nice flavor and color to the sabzi.
- cover and cook sabzi for 5-7 minutes, so the flavor of masala is absorbed into soyavadi.
- Serve sabzi with roti, paratha or hot steam rice.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes