Stuffed besan pudla (chilla) is a tasty and healthy recipe made with a combination of gram flour, semolina, and regular spices, which is stuffed with grated paneer toppings. I share a special masala recipe, which enhances the taste of pudla stuffing. It is a nutritious meal for early morning breakfast or perhaps as a snack for a kid’s lunchbox. It is thin, crispy, and very easy to prepare with all available ingredients in your kitchen. Do try this!
- Firstly, I made pudla batter with besan and rava (semolina). The addition of semolina into the batter gives a crispy texture to pudla.
- Pudla batter plays a critical role in it. the batter has to be neither thick nor thin and has to be somewhere in between like a dosa batter.
- For stuffing, adding veggies to the paneer stuffing is completely open-ended and you can add as per your preference. but ensure that these veggies are finely chopped and easily make nice and mushy stuffing.
- roast the pudla on medium flame with a generous amount of oil making it crispy and tasty.
- Lastly, besan chilla tastes great when served hot and crisp.
Stuffed Besan pudla recipe | stuffed besan chilla recipe | besan chilla | pudla recipe
For chilla batter
- 1 cup gram flour besan
- 4 tbsp rava
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of hing
- 1 cup water
For special masala
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- ½ tsp black salt
- 1 tsp amchur dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrot
- 2-3 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- Some coriander leaves
- Oil for roasting chilla
- In a mixture jar, add besan, rava, salt, turmeric powder, hing and water. Grind it.
- Take out grinded batter into mixing bowl. it should be medium thick and pouring consistency, also coat backside of spoon. Cover and rest batter for 15 minutes.
- Now in a mixture jar, add black pepper, roasted cumin seeds, red chilli powder, kasuri methi, black salt, dry mango powder and salt. Grind it. Special masala is ready.
- For stuffing, in a mixing bowl, add chopped onion, capsicum, carrot, green chili, ginger, salt ,coriander leaves and grated paneer. Mix well. Stuffing is ready.
- Now heat a pan on high flame and grease it with oil.
- Set a tawa on high heat and let it heat nicely, adjust the temperature of the tawa by sprinkling some water and salt mixture on to it, once the tawa gets hot enough put a spoonful of the dosa batter on the tawa and start moving the spoon in a circular motion outward to form a thin pudla, spread the batter evenly and make a thin layer.
- Lower the flame and add the masala as required and spread it evenly across the pudla
- Further sprinkle some masala on stuffing.
- Once the pudla get cooked, remove it and transfer it onto a chopping board or a plate and cut it into thick strips and roll it.
- Crispy and tasty pudla is ready. sprinkle some coriander leaves on top and serve
- enjoy stuffed besan pudla recipe with green and sweet chutney.
- Rava gives crispiness to pudla.
- Pudla batter has medium thick and pouring consistency, also coat the backside of the spoon so it will easily spread on tawa
- Rest batter for 15 minutes so besan soaks properly.
- Reduce tawa temperature before spreading pudla.
- Spread oil on pudla for its even crispy texture.
- cook pudla on medium flame. do not cook it on high flame.
- pudla tastes great when it is served crispy and hot.