Suji ka halwa is a traditional Indian sweet dessert prepared with basic ingredients like semolina, ghee and sugar. It is topped with dry fruits like chopped cashews and almonds which gives a crunchy effect to it. It is generally prepared as an offering or Prasad for satyanaraya pooja.
Suji ka halwa is an extremely simple recipe. I share the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips help you to make the perfect halwa or sheera on the first attempt.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Suji ka halwa recipe | sooji halwa for Mahaprasad | sheera recipe
- ½ cup sooji - rava or semolina (fine verity)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup ghee
- 1 +1/2 cup water
- ¼ tsp cardamom seeds powder
- 2 tbsp saffron water
- 2 tbsp Chopped cashews - almonds and pistachio
- Boil 1.5 cup water in a small pan.
- Then, in another pan add ghee and chopped dry fruits. Roast it slightly and keep it aside.
- Now, add sooji and roast it on medium flame.
- Keep stirring and roasting till it gets a slight brown color. After 5-7 minutes you will get the nice toasty aroma of sooji and ghee separated from it.
- Now add warm water slowly. Cook with stirring continuously till water is absorbed. This will be done very quickly.
- Now add sugar and mix well.
- Cook till again it gets thick.
- Then add cardamom powder, saffron milk and roasted dry fruits in it. Mix well.
- Ghee will start to ooze out and sheera starts to leave the sides of the pan. Then turn off the stove heat.
- Take a fine variety of semolina ( rava).
- The proportion of sooji, ghee and sugar should be equal.
- Take water proportion 3 times more than sooji.
- sooji will puff up and become soft when warm water is added to it.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes