Tawa veg sabzi tasty and unique dry sabzi made with a choice of vegetables and special gravy masala. It is a popular food item in the Indian wedding buffet menu, where fried vegetables are spread around a hot tawa/griddle, and when guests asked that particular veggie then it is brought in the center of the griddle; tossed in masala, sprinkled with amchur powder or chaat masala and served to the guests right off the hot tawa. It tastes amazing and is very easy to prepare at home. Do try this!
The key to making tasty tawa veg sabzi at home are:
- Firstly, in this sabzi, you can use vegetables according to your choice and preferences.
- i have deep-fried the vegetables in different batches based on their cooking time. you can also shallow fry vegetables into less oil but make sure that vegetables are properly cooked from inside.
- The consistency of the sabzi gravy has to be coated and medium thick. also if you are reheating it, you may need to add water to bring it to the required consistency.
- Tawa sabzi tastes great when prepared over iron tawa. if you do not have a pan, you can also use chapati or dosa tawa for the same purpose.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for tawa veg sabzi
For frying vegetable
- 100 grm small brinjals
- 100 grm small potatoes
- 100 grm carrot
- 100 grm green beans
- 100 grm lady fingers bhindi
- 100 grm cauliflower
- 100 grm green chilli
- 100 grm bitter gourd karela
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnemon
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 6-7 cashews
- 2 tbsp watermelon seeds
- 1 tbsp malai
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ cup water
- Amchur powder
- Some coriander leaves
- Firstly, wash and chop vegetables.
- Now heat oil in a pan, fry the vegetables into different batches and cook till they turn crunchy and keep aside.
- Now on large tawa, add oil, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and cumin seeds. Sauté it.
- Then add chopped onion and sauté till it changes its color and is slightly golden brown.
- Now add green chili paste and ginger garlic paste. Sauté it.
- Keep the flame on low, add turmeric powder, kashmiri red chili powder, and coriander powder. Add some water and saute on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
- now add 1 cup tomato puree and salt. saute until it is cooked well.
- Meanwhile, in a mixture jar, add soaked cashews-watermelon seeds, and malai. grind it into a smooth white paste.
- When tomato puree is properly cooked, then add the white paste and some water. cook it till oil separates from its sides.
- Now add kasuri methi, garam masala, and coriander leaves. mix well.
- Tawa sabzi gravy is ready.
- fried vegetables are spread around a hot tawa/griddle and when a family member or guest asked that particular veggie then it is brought in the center of the griddle; tossed in masala, sprinkled with amchur powder or chaat masala, and served to the guests right off the hot tawa.
- Enjoy tawa sabzi with paratha or rice.
- fry the vegetables until it turns crunchy.
- you can use vegetables of your choice to make it interesting.
- Tawa sabzi taste great when it is hot and serve with rice or roti/paratha