tindora besan nu shak is a simple and easy curry recipe made with tindora, besan, and regular spices. It requires very less ingredients and is made within minutes. In this recipe, I share the quick and easiest way to make sabzi without roasting gram flour (besan). It is tasty and made as a side dish for roti or chapati, but can also be served as a side dish to rice dal combination. It is perfect for your everyday lunch; do give this one a try!
- Firstly, use fresh, juicy, and medium thick tindora, which helps to form a moist and tasty curry
- Secondly, I made besan batter and coated tindora with it. also, make sure to cook besan and tindora on low flame so besan cooks properly and prevents from burning.
- Lastly, tindora nu shak tastes great the next day, as it absorbs masala well.
Tindora besan nu shak | tindli besan ki sabji | besanwali tindli ki sabzi
For boiling tindora
- 250 grm tindora
- 3 cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
For besan batter
- ½ cup besan - gram flour
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of hing
- ½ tsp ajwain
- ¼ cup water or as required
For tindora nu shak
- Tindora slits
- Besan batter
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 2-3 green chilli slits
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a pan, add 3 cups of water, salt, and oil. When water starts to boil, add tindora and cook it on high flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from water and cut it into slits. Keep it aside.
- Now in a bowl, add besan, turmeric powder, salt, thing, and ajwain. Add water gradually and make the pouring consistency of the batter.
- Add besan batter into tindora slits and mix well.
- Now in a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, white sesame seeds, and hing. Sauté it.
- Then add green chili slits and sauté it.
- Now lower the flame, and add turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Then add tindora and besan mixture. Stir continuously and cook the mixture on low flame till besan slightly changes its color. (Refer to video)
- Then add jaggery and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cover and cook sabzi on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve tindora besan nu shak with roti and dal.
- gram flour batter should be medium thick and pouring consistency.
- cook tindora and gram flour (besan) mixture on low flame; do not cook it on high flame.
- tindora besan sabzi taste great with roti and dal