Mix veg jaipuri is a delicious mixed vegetable curry made with mixed vegetable, paneer cubes in a tomato-onion based gravy which is topped with roasted urad dal papad. The gravy is made using authentic rajasthani / jaipuri style spice paste. It tastes great when served with naan, chapatti but can also be served with rice too. This recipe is easy and yields the perfect restaurant-style mix of veg jaipuri at home. Do try this!
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for veg jaipuri
For tomato-onion gravy
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 medium size slice onion
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- 5 cashews
- 1 tbsp watermelon seeds
- 5 medium size chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
For mix vegetables
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 medium size diced potatoes
- ½ cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup capsicum
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ cup French beans
- ½ cup green peas
- 200 g paneer cubes
For red chilli paste
- 4 soaked kashmiri dry red chilli + water
- 4 garlic cloves
For mix veg jaipuri
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Onion-tomato puree
- Sauté veggies and paneer
- 1.5 cup hot water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Some coriander leaves
- Garnish: Urad dal papad pieces
- In a pan, add oil and onion slices. Sauté onion till it becomes slightly brown and caramelizes.
- Now add chopped ginger, cashew, watermelon seeds, and chopped tomatoes. Mix well and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Cooldown mixture and grind it into a smooth paste. Tomato-onion paste is ready, Keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, add oil, potato cubes and cauliflower florets. Sauté it on high flame till it becomes soft and slightly crispy layer on it.
- Then add capsicum, carrot, French beans and green peas. Sauté all vegetables on high flame till it slightly shrinks and cooks properly. Take out into a plate and keep it aside.
- Now in the same pan, roast paneer cubes till it slightly golden brown from both the sides. Take out into a plate and keep it aside.
- In a mixture jar, add kashmiri red chilli and garlic cloves. Grind it into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add ghee and oil. Now add cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon stick. sauté for a minute.
- Now add red chilli garlic paste and sauté till oil separates from the sides.
- Then add red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add tomato-onion gravy and cook till all water from gravy is absorb and oil is separated from its sides.
- Now add sauté veggies and paneer cubes. Mix well.
- Then add 1.5 cups hot water and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook gravy for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add kasuri methi and garam masala. mix well.
- Switch off the gas and add lemon juice and some coriander leaves. mix well.
- Garnish mix veg jaipuri with roasted urad dal papad pieces.
- Serve mix veg jaipuri with paratha or butter naan.
- sauté all vegetables on high flame till it become soft and slightly crunches on it.
- dry kashmiri red chili and garlic paste gives a nice color to sabji.
- roasting of dry masala gives a nice flavor to sabji.
- Additions of hot water maintain the temperature of sabji.