Bhinda nu chaas wadu shaak is a spicy and most loved bhindi recipe prepared with buttermilk. bhindis are the most loved vegetable by Indians. The smooth and silky texture of sabzi is brought by buttermilk-based gravy. bhindi absorbs the spicy gravy and becomes juicy.
Sometimes you are tired of having the same dishes all the time. You need change. That time make this spicy and tasty bhinda masala. It is quick, easy to make, and loved by all kinds of age groups.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Bhindi masala recipe | chaaswali or dahiwali bhindi recipe | okra yogurt gravy recipe
- 250 grm bhindi lady fingers or okra
- 3 tbsp oil + 3 tbsp oil
- ½ cup bhavnagari gathiya or 2 tbsp besan
- 3-4 methi dana
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 green chilli slits
- 1 tsp dry garlic chutney
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup buttermilk chaas
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp kasuri methi
- Clean the bhindi, and trim the head and tail. Slice it into medium size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bhindi and salt. Lower the flame, keep stirring at regular interval and cook till the bhindi become soft.
- Remove it to a plate and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and hing. Add chopped onion, and green chili slits and sauté till onion become soft and translucent.
- Add gathiya powder and sauté till oil separates from its sides.
- Then add dry garlic chutney, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Then add buttermilk (chaas), and stir continuously till the mixture comes to boil. Cover and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- Then add the cooked bhindi and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garam masala and kasuri methi. Mix well.
- Finally, add coriander leaves and serve bhinda nu shaak with paratha or rice.
- Properly dry bhindi before cutting it into pieces.
- cut bhindi into medium size pieces.
- Do not cover the pan while cooking bhindi.
- gathiya powder gives thickness to the gravy.
- Sauté masala on low flame gives good color and flavor to shaak.
- Stir continuously after adding buttermilk to the gravy.