Chaas masala is a flavourful Indian spices blend that is used to make masala chaas, raita and different chaat. In chaas masala, all dry spices are lightly roasted and then grind it into fine powder. It is stored at room temperature in an air-tight container. It stays good for up to a year. It is easy to make and with this masala, you can make masala chaat in just 2 minutes. Do try this!
- firstly, all dry spices have to be properly dry roasted without any moisture content in them. this helps to improve the shelf life of the spice mix. also dry roast it in low to medium flame.
- for sourness I have used aamchur powder or dry mango powder. as an alternative, you can also use chaat masala or citric acid(limbu na phool) for the same flavor and taste.
- Lastly, chaas masala tastes great when used to prepare masala chaas, raita and a variety of chaat recipes.
- pakoda recipes collection
- chaat collection
- south Indian recipes collection
Chaas masala recipe | chaas masala powder | how to make chaas masala | masala chaas
For chaas masala
- ½ cup cumin seeds
- ½ cup coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp ajwain - carom seeds
- 2 inch cinnemon - taj
- 2 inch dry ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- ½ cup dry mint leaves
- ¼ cup dry coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp dry curry leaves
- 5 tbsp black salt
- 5 tbsp sidhana salt
- 1 tsp hing - asafetida
- 3 tbsp dry mango powder
For masala chaas
- 1 cup curd
- 2 tsp chaas masala
- 1 glass water or as required
- Garnish with mint leaves
Making chaas masala
- In a pan roast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds on low flame.
- Then add black pepper, ajwain (carom seeds), cinnamon, dry ginger, and cloves. Dry toast them until you get a nice aroma.
- Take it out into a plate and cool down it.
- Then add dry mint leaves, dry coriander leaves, and dry curry leaves. mix well.
- Now in a mixture jar, add species mixture and grind it.
- Sieve the grinded mixture.
- Then add black salt, sindhana salt, thing, and amchur powder. Mix well.
- Chaas masala is ready. store it in an airtight container.
Making masala chaas
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup curd, 2 tsp chaas masala, and 1 glass of water. grind it.
- Masala chaas is ready.
- The proportion of jeera (cumin seeds) and Dhana (coriander seeds) should be equal.
- Dry roast dry spices on low-medium flame.
- do not increase the quantity of dry pudina, coriander leaves, and curry leaves.
- sieve grinded mixture to get a fine powder.
- store masala in sterilizing and dry bottle.
- You can make use chaas masala into raita and different types of chaats. (refer to video)