Masala soda is an all-time favorite refreshing Indian summer drink. Soda masala is a flavorful Indian spices blend that is multipurpose and easy to make. this recipe post describes 2 ways of preparing masala soda, i.e nimbu masala soda, and jaljeera soda. both are tasty and refreshing drinks that can be served to quench the thirst. Do try this!
- first, soda masala is multipurpose, its uses of making masala soda, nimbu shikanji, masala chaas, or masala coke. It is stored at room temperature in an air-tight container.
- masala nimbu soda is completely open-ended and you can easily experiment with it with your choice of ingredients. for example, you can add pudina flavor or flavor of your choice.
- For jaljeera soda, you can prepare the jaljeera masala paste well ahead in advance and then mix it with the soda whenever required.
- Nimbu masala soda and jaljeera soda taste great as summer drinks.
Masala soda recipe | nimbu masala soda | jaljeera soda | soda masala
For soda masala
- 4 tbsp roasted cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp cumin seeds - not roasted
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp hing
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp black salt
- 5 tbsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp salt
For nimbu syrup
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp black salt
- ½ tsp salt
For nimbu masala soda
- 3 tbsp nimbu syrup
- 1 tsp soda masala
- Ice cubes
- Plain soda
For Jaljeera paste
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1/8 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ginger pieces
- 2 tbsp soda masala
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 3 tbsp sugar
For jaljeera soda
- 1 tsp jaljeera paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 lemon slices
- Ice cubes
- Plain soda
Making soda masala
- In a pan, add 4 tbsp jeera and roast it slightly. Take out into a plate and cool down completely.
- Add roasted jeera into the mixture jar, also add jeera (not roasted), ajwain, hing, black pepper, black salt, chaat masala, and salt. Grind it into fine powder.
- Soda masala is ready. store it in an air-tight container.
Making nimbu masala soda
- For nimbu syrup - Take out ½ cup of lemon juice in a bowl. Then in the proportion of ½ cup lemon juice take 1.5 cups of sugar.
- Now in a pan, add sugar and ¾ cup of water and cook till sugar is completely dissolved and reaches 1 string consistency.
- switch off the gas and Cool down the sugar syrup completely. Then add 12 cup lemon juice, black salt, and salt. mix well.
- Lemon syrup concentrate or nimbu sharbat syrup is ready. Then store it in a glass bottle jar.
- For nimbu soda - in a glass take 2 tbsp nimbu sharbat syrup, 1 tsp soda masala, ice cubes, and cold soda. Mix well
- Nimbu masala soda is ready and enjoy…
Making jaljeera soda
- In a mixture jar, add mint leaves, coriander leaves, chopped ginger, masala, tamarind pulp, and sugar. Without adding water grind it into a coarse paste.
- Now in a glass, add 1 tsp jaljeera paste, lemon juice, lemon slices, ice cubes, and cold soda. Mix well
- Jaljeera soda is ready and enjoy.