Falooda is a delicious layered ice cream dessert. It is made by combining different layers such as rose jelly, subja seed, falooda sev, sweetened milk, ice cream and finally garnish with dry fruits. I also share Falooda sev recipe is an easy way to make falooda sev a using cornstarch. Here is an easy video recipe and step-by-step photo recipe for rose falooda and homemade falooda sev recipe.
falooda is most popular summer dessert across the India. There are many variations in falooda recipe but among all rose falooda is a popular variety of falooda. Falooda is made with different layers and forms a delicious dessert drink. If you prepared all ingredients in advance then you can easily assemble them into a long glasses and serve chilled falooda to your loved ones.
Falooda recipe | how to make homemade rose falooda | homemade falooda sev recipe.
- 2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp rose syrup
- 50 gm falooda sev
- 1 tbsp sabja seeds takmaria seeds
- 2 Ice cream scoops
- 2 tbsp crushed almond slits
- 1 tsp rose jelly
- 1 tsp Colorful tutti futti
For falooda sev
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1 +1/4cup water
- 2 tbsp powder sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
- ½ litre ice cold water
Making falooda sev
- In a non-stick pan, add ½ cup corn flour, 2 tbsp sugar and 1+1/4 cup water.mix well to form a smooth and lump-free mixture.
- Turn the heat on and cook the liquid on medium to low heat stirring it continuously.
- Mixture start coming together to form a dough ball, leaving the sides of the pan. It will look glossy. Turn the heat off.
- Ready chakli maker with attached small holes plate.
- Instantly transfer the corn flour dough to the greased chakli maker. Close the lid of chakli maker.
- Now start circular motion of chakli maker over the bowl of cold water.
- The dough will come out in the form of thin noodles and fall into cold water.
- Keep the bowl of falooda sev in refrigerator for 15 minutes so that the falooda sev would set properly.
Soaking subja seeds
- In a bowl, soak 1 tbsp subja seeds with 1 cup water for 30 minutes.
Making rose milk
- In a sauce pan, take 2 cup milk and bring it to boil. Milk thickens.
- Cook milk at room temperature and add 2 tbsp rose syrup in it. Mix well and chill rose milk 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- In a tall glass, first add 2 tbsp rose jelly at the bottom. Spread 1 tsp rose syrup around the glass.
- Then add socked subja seed on the top of jelly.
- Then add a layer of cooked falooda sev.
- Now add chilled rose milk. This will come to ¾ of the glass.
- Now scoop vanilla ice-cream on top of milk.
- Garnish with rose jelly and almond and pistachio slits.
- Serve chilled.
- You can also use readymate falooda sev or vermicelli in place of homemade falooda sev.
- Rose syrup is a key ingredient for falooda so use good quality of rose syrup or rooh afza.
- Served immediately falooda before ice-cream melts and layer immerged.
- Falooda sev or vermicelli made from corn starch, it is very easy to make it home. You can make it in advance and store in refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Sabja seeds rose syrup, falooda sev and chilled milk is a key ingredients for falooda recipe. You can do many variations with these ingredients.
- For vegan version, you can use almond milk in place of milk.