Instant Keri ni katki or sweet mango pickle is quick and easy pickle served with Gujarati thepla or leftover rotis. It is a sweet instant mango pickle where chopped raw mangos are combined with jaggery and spices. The taste of keri ni katki is quite similar to aam ki launji recipe. Generally to make keri ni katki took longer pickling time but with this method, you can make keri ni katki in few hours. It is the most popular found in all Gujarati homes.
Recipe card for keri ni katki
- 500 grams raw mango
- 500 grams jaggery gud
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves
- 1- inch cinnamon
- Pinch of hing
- Raw mango pieces
- Grated jaggery gud
- 2 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- Wash and peel the raw mangoes and chop into small pieces.
- Take grated jaggery equal amount to raw mangoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon, and a pinch of hing.
- Now add chopped mango pieces, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until mango pieces become soft.
- Then add jaggery, mix gently and simmer till the jaggery melts completely.
- Now on medium-low flame cook, the mixture for 5-7 minutes or until one string consists of sugar syrup.
- Switch off the gas and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Then add kashmiri red chili powder and mix very well.
- Store pickle into sterilizing glass jar.
- Enjoy it with thepla, roti, or khichdi.
- Do not cut mango pieces into a very small size.
- The proportion of mango and jaggery should be equal.
- Do not overcook mixture otherwise when the mixture cools down sugar crystals will form.
- If sugar crystal will form after mixture cool down then add little hot water and cook mixture again for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red chili powder when the mixture is completely cool down.