Instant Keri ni katki or sweet mango pickle is a quick and easy pickle served with Gujarati thepla or leftover rotis. It is a sweet instant mango pickle where chopped raw mangos are combined with jaggery and spices. The taste of keri ni katki is quite similar to aam ki launji recipe. Generally making keri ni katki took longer pickling time but with this method, you can make keri ni katki in a few hours. It is most popular found in all Gujarati homes.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Keri ni katki | how to make sweet mango pickle | Gujarati pickle recipe
- 500 grm raw mango
- 500 grm jaggary - gud
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- Pinch of hing
- Raw mango pieces
- Grated jaggary - gud
- 2 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- Wash and peel the raw mangoes and chop them into small pieces.
- Take grated jaggary equal amount to raw mangoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon and a pinch of hing.
- Now add chopped mango pieces, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until mango pieces become soft.
- Then add jaggary, mix gently and simmer till the jaggary melts completely.
- Now on the medium-low flame cook, the mixture for 5-7 minutes or until one string consists of sugar syrup.
- Switch off the gas and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Then add kashmiri red chilli powder and mix very well.
- Store the pickle into a sterilised glass jar.
- Enjoy it with thepla, roti or khichdi.
- Do not cut mango pieces into very small sizes.
- The proportion of mango and jaggary should be equal.
- Do not overcook the mixture otherwise when the mixture cools down sugar crystals will form.
- If the sugar crystal will form after the mixture cools down then add little hot water and cook the mixture again for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder when the mixture is completely cooled down.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes