Murmura chilla is a crispy and tasty dosa made with murmura, semolina (sooji), vegetables, and regular spices. Typically dosa is prepared from fermented batter, but I share an instant dosa recipe that is prepared in Just 30 minutes and without any complex ingredients. Sometimes you are tired of having the same dishes all the time. You need change. That time make this murmura dosa with chutney for your dinner or breakfast meal. Do try this!
- Soaked murmura into the water so it will become soft and easily bind into the dosa mixture.
- Dosa batter is made with semolina (coarse rava). Also, add some wheat flour for binding and gram flour (besan) for crispiness and taste in the dosa. But adding more wheat flour and besan would spoil the texture of the dosa.
- I use slightly thick and sour buttermilk to soak rava, you can use curd instead of it.
- Baking soda used for instant fermentation into dosa batter. You can use eno instead of it.
- Instant murmura dosa tastes great when served immediately.
Murmura dosa | puffed rice dosa | instant murmura dosa | dosa recipe
- 2 cup murmura
- ½ cup semolina coarse rava
- ¾ cup buttermilk 1/2 cup curd
- 2 tbsp besan
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water or as required
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Oil or butter to roast dosa
- Chopped onion
- Chopped capsicum
- Coriander leaves
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp black salt
- Grated cheese optional
- Soak 2 cups of murmura into water. also in another bowl, add buttermilk gradually and soak ½ cup semolina.
- Cover and rest it for 15-20 minutes so rava will puff up and murmura soak properly.
- After 15-20 minutes, murmura and semolina are properly soaked. Remove water from murmura and add it to the mixture jar.
- Also, add soaked semolina, besan, wheat flour, salt, and water in a mixture jar. Grind it into smooth, medium thick, and pour consistency of the batter.
- Add batter into the mixing bowl and whisk it for 2-3 minutes. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Now check the batter consistency, if the batter is slightly thick add some water and make it perfect. The batter should be medium thick and pouring consistency.
- Then add a pinch of baking soda and lemon juice to it. Mix well.
- Now heat a tawa, sprinkle water, wipe it with a cloth, and cool down the temperature of the tawa.
- Take 2 small ladles of batter and spread it on tawa.
- Apply oil to dosa and roast dosa on medium flame.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves and roll the crispy dosa and serve hot.
- For masala dosa, Heat a tawa and pour a ladle full of batter. Spread it in a circular direction to make it to thin dosa.
- When the upper surface of the dosa becomes dry then spread some oil on it.
- Then sprinkle chopped onion, capsicum, and coriander leaves on it.
- Add red chili powder, chaat masala, and black salt to a bowl. Mix well and sprinkle masala on the dosa.
- When the dosa becomes crispy, fold it and serve hot with chutney.
- use ½ cup curd instead of buttermilk.
- soak murmura and sooji for at least 15-20 minutes.
- wheat flour gives binding and besan gives crispiness and taste to dosa.
- make medium thick and pour consistency of the batter.
- lower the gas flame while spreading dosa.
- cook dosa on medium flame till it becomes crispy from both sides.