Potato farsi puri is a crispy and savoury dry snack recipe made from potato, wheat flour and other spices. it is an innovative deep fried evening tea-time snack. it is generally made with maida or plain flour, but wheat flour is used as a healthy alternative. These deep-fried snacks taste best with sweet and sour mango pickles or tea and coffee.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Potato farsi puri recipe | crispy Gujarati farsi poori | aloo ki mathri
- 1 cup grated boiled potatoes
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup fine rava
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 tbsp oil
- Slight hot water to make dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Peel and grate potatoes. Now with the measuring cup take 1 cup of grated potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of grated potatoes, 2 cups of wheat flour and 1 cup of fine Rava.
- Then add cumin seeds, carom seeds, white sesame seeds, turmeric powder, hing salt to taste, red chilli powder and hot oil. Mix well with your fingers.
- Now gradually add little water at a time and knead the tight dough as of poori.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll medium thick as of poori
- Prick the puri with a fork to prevent it from puffing up.
- Fry the poori in medium hot oil. Alternatively, bake in preheated oven at 180-degree celsius for 15 minutes.
- Now fry puri on medium flame till they turn crispy and golden in colour.
- Drain off the farsi puri over kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Finally serve farsi puri with chai or coffee or store in an airtight container for a month.
- The proportion of flour should be double that of boiled potatoes.
- The addition of fine rava in the dough gives crispness to puri.
- Use slightly hot water to knead the dough