Tawa masala dhokla is an easy and fewer oil snack recipe that can be prepared within minutes without much hassle. It is prepared with Rava dhokla and spicy masala. This spicy masala is made with chopped veggies and flavored with pav bhaji masala. The dhokla is roasted in ghee or butter and spicy masala and finally topped with nylon sev. It tastes spicy and chatpata and is loved by all kinds of age groups.
Tawa masala dhokla recipe | how to make masala dhokla | Rava masala dhokla
For Rava dhokla
- 1 cup Rava fine semolina
- 1 cup curd
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Eno fruit salt
- Oil for grease tawa
For tawa masala dhokla
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium size chopped onion
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 chopped green chili
- ½ cup chopped green capsicum
- 2 medium size chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp pavbhaji masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Nylon sev
Making Rava dhokla
- In a mixing bowl, add Rava, curd, salt, and required water. Mix well and make a thick batter.
- Cover and rest the batter for 15-20 minutes.
- Now add green chili paste, ginger paste, sugar, and oil. Mix well.
- Then add Eno fruit salt and mix into batter.
- pour dhokla batter into a plastic bag.
- Heat a tawa and grease with oil. Make a small round shape dhokla on tawa.
- Cook both the sides of dhokla till it becomes slightly brown.
- Rava dhokla is ready.
Making tawa masala dhokla
- Add ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, and crackle it.
- Now add chopped onion and sauté till it becomes translucent.
- Add garlic chutney and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Then add chopped green chili, capsicum, tomatoes, and salt and mix well. Add salt and cook tomatoes till it becomes soft and mushy.
- Then add turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala. Cook all spices on low flame.
- Cook masala till oil separates from the sides of the masala.
- Add rava dhokla in masala and mix well.
- Switch off the gas, and add lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well
- Sprinkle some sev on tawa masala dhokla. Serve.
- cook dhokla on medium-low flame.
- cook masala for 2-3 minutes so all flavors and vegetables are combined together.
- add lemon juice after switching off the gas.