Instant garlic tawa naan is garlic-flavored flat bread served with Punjabi sabji, curd and mango pickle. It is a popular north Indian dish traditionally cooked in a clay tandoor. It is made with all-purpose flour (maida) but to make it healthier I made it with wheat flour. It is generally cooked on tawa at home. Here is an easy video recipe for instant garlic tawa naan.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Wheat garlic tawa naan | no yeast Instant garlic tawa naan | instant tawa naan recipe
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup curd
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp oil or some oil to knead dough
- ½ cup warm milk
- Black sesame seeds - kalonji
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Melted butter or ghee brushing and to drizzle on the top
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 cup of wheat flour. Form a well in the center and add sugar, salt, baking powder, curd, baking soda and oil. Mix well.
- Start mixing together and add about ½ cup of warm milk/water to knead a smooth dough.
- Once the dough is ready, place it into the pot and cover and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, the dough becomes double in size and then divides the dough into equal parts.
- Dust with dry flour and roll the dough ball into an oval shape about 1/8 inch thick.
- Now sprinkle black sesame seeds, chopped garlic and chopped coriander leaves on it. Now press stuffing with wet hands.
- Also apple some water to the backside of the naan. Now heat the tawa and place naan on it.
- Cook naan on medium flame and then flip and cook for 1 minute on the other side, until you see the upper side is fully cooked, and dark brown starts to appear.
- Remove from the pan and brush naan with some melted butter.
- Serve hot instant garlic naan with Punjabi sabzi or dal.
- Garlic naan dough is made all-purpose flour (maida) but I use wheat flour healthier option you can make dough with all-purpose flour.
- Do not use nonstick tawa while roasting the naan otherwise, it slips while reversing.
- You can roll naan to any desired shape.
- You can bake naan in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 15 min or till get brown spots on the upside.