Aloo roll samosa is an easy and deep-fried potato snack recipe made from wheat flour and spicy potato green peas stuffing. Aloo roll samosa is crispy, and slightly spicy, but absolutely tasty and liked by all age groups. I share the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips help you to make the perfect aloo roll samosa on the first attempt.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
aloo roll samosa | how to make potato roll samosa | samosa with wheat flour
For outer layer
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp ajwain
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp oil
- ½ cup Water or as required
- Oil for deep frying
- 3 medium size boiled potatoes
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp hing
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp green chili paste
- Salt to taste
- Some coriander leaves
For maida slurry
- 2 tbsp maida
- ¼ cup water or as required
For aloo roll samosa dough
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, ajwain, salt, and oil. Mix well and add water gradually and knead a tight and smooth dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for 20-25 minutes.
For aloo roll samosa stuffing
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and add hing and cumin seeds. Sauté for a minute.
- Now add ginger, and green chili paste and sauté it.
- Then add boiled green peas and mix well.
- Now add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, fennel seeds powder, Kasuri methi, garam masala, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well with the masala.
- Finally, add some coriander leaves and mix well. The stuffing is ready.
- Make a small size stuffing roll. Keep it aside.
Making aloo roll
- Knead the dough one more time to make it smooth, divide it into equal portions, make smooth balls and flatten it between your palms to make the discs.
- Roll bigger size puri. Cut the edges and make a square shape.
- Divided into two equal parts and place the stuffing roll on one end. slowly roll the dough very tightly, making sure there are no gaps.
- In a bowl, add maida and water. make a thin slurry of flour.
- Deep prepared ball into slurry and coat it from the sides.
- heat the oil on medium heat, and deep fry the rolls on medium-low flame. Fry till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain the aloo roll on the tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve aloo roll samosa with tomato ketchup enjoy with a cup of tea.
- make smooth and semi-stiff dough for the outer layer.
- roll the dough evenly and roll it thin.
- apply water at the end, so the roll is sealed