It is an easy Punjabi-style sabzi recipe made with corn and capsicum in creamy gravy and topped with grated paneer. It is a mildly spicy and tasty Indian curry that is easy to make at home. It tastes great when served with naan, chapatti but can also be served with rice too. This recipe is easy and yields perfect restaurant-style corn capsicum masala at home. Do try this!
The key to making restaurant-style corn capsicum masala at home are
- At the time of boiling corn kernels, the addition of turmeric powder, salt, and sugar gives nice color and flavor to the sabzi.
- The addition of butter with oil adds more flavor to the sabzi.
- Paneer-milk paste or fresh hung curd is used instead of white paste.
- The consistency of the sabzi has to be thick and should not be watery. also if you are reheating it, you may need to add water to bring it to the required consistency.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Corn capsicum masala | corn capsicum sabzi | corn capsicum paneer sabzi
For boiling corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup corn
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
For tomato gravy
- 4-5 medium size tomatoes
- 2 green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- 4-5 garlic cloves
For white paste
- 6-7 cashews
- 2 tbsp melon seeds
- 1 tbsp malai
- ¼ cup milk
For corn capsicum masala
- 1 cup boiled corn
- 1 big size capsicum pieces
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 medium size chopped onion
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Tomato puree
- White paste
- ¾ cup water or as required
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- Some coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp grated paneer
- Firstly, in a pan add water, corn kernels, turmeric powder, salt, and sugar. Boil corn kernels for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, sieve water from boiled corn kernels.
- Now in a mixture jar, add tomatoes, green chili, ginger, and garlic paste. Grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a kadai, add 3 tbsp oil and capsicum pieces. Sauté till capsicum become slightly soft.
- Then add 1 tbsp butter in a pan, add cumin seed, bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Then add chopped onion and saute until onions turn golden brown.
- Further add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and some water. Sauté until the spices turn aromatic.
- Then add tomato gravy and salt. Cover and cook tomatoes till become soft, and mashy and oil separate from it.
- Now in a grinding jar add soaked cashews and magajtari seeds, milk and malai. Grind into a smooth paste. The white paste is ready.
- Add the white paste into tomato gravy and cook till it separates oil from the sides.
- Then add boiled corn kernels and capsicum pieces. Mix well.
- add ¾ cup water and mix adjusting consistency as required. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Further add garam masala, kasuri methi and Mix well.
- Add butter and coriander leaves. mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally serve corn capsicum masala with grated paneer and enjoy with roti or naan.
- garam masala and kasuri methi give a nice smell and flavor to the sabzi.
- Grated paneer makes curry creamy and tasty. You can also use cheese in place of paneer.
- sabzi tastes great when served sweet and spicy.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes