lasaniya batata bhajiya is a deep-fried fritter prepared mainly with stuffed dry garlic chutney. These are later dipped in spiced besan batter followed by deep frying till crisp. I personally liked its spicy taste and enjoyed it as an evening snack with a cup of tea.
lasaniya batata bhajiya | how to make stuffed potato bhajiya | Stuffed Potato pakoda
- 12-13 small size potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp dry garlic chutney
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For bhajiya batter
- 1 cup gram flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- Pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 or pinch of baking soda
- Water to make batter consistency
- 1 tbsp oil
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut across half way on one side the baby potatoes. Then in a pressure cooker steam potatoes about 2 whistle on medium flame.
- Once cooked, peel the skin from the potatoes.
- In a pan, add little oil and roast boiled potatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- In a bowl mix 3 tbsp dry garlic chutney and lemon juice.
- Fill chutney mixture gently into slits of potatoes.
- Now in a bowl, add gram flour, rice flour, hing, salt, turmeric powder and baking soda. Then add water little by little and make slightly thick coated batter. Add oil and mix into batter.
- Add stuffed potatoes in a batter and coated with batter.
- Heat oil in a pan, once oil is hot, drop a small drop of batter into the oil. The batter will rise to top then oil is ready to fry.
- Add potatoes in a batter and fry them on medium flame.
- Fry bhajiya till become crispy from both the sides.
- Serve hot bhajiya with chutney.
- Steam potatoes rather than boiling in water
- oil coats boiled potatoes evenly so it will not break easily.
- Consistency of garlic chutney should be like firm paste.
- rice flour gives crispiness to bhajiya.