Murmura chilla is a healthy and tasty snack made with murmura, semolina (sooji), vegetables, and regular spices. You can serve it as a tea-time snack with tomato ketchup or green chutney. Sometimes you are tired of having the same dishes all the time. You need change. That time make this murmura chilla or murmura appe, it is quick and easy to prepare with available ingredients in your kitchen. Do try this!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Murmura chilla recipe | how to make murmura snacks | easy puffed rice snacks
- 1 cup soaked murmura
- ½ cup coarse rava - semolina
- ¼ cup curd
- 3 tbsp + ½ cup water
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2 chopped green chilli
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 4-5 chopped curry leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Soaked 2 cups of murmura with some water.
- Also soak semolina with curd and some water.
- After 20 minutes, Drain water from the murmura and take it into a mixture jar.
- Now add soaked semolina and ½ cup water and grind it into a paste.
- Take out the batter into a mixing bowl, then add ginger paste, chopped green chilli, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, grated carrot, chopped curry leaves, some coriander leaves and salt. Mix well.
- Add baking soda and lemon juice. Mix well.
- heat a pan, and spread some oil on it.
- add a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly.
- cook for 5 minutes on medium flame or until the base is cooked well.
- flip over and cook both sides.
- enjoy murmura chilla with tomato sauce or chutney.
Making murmura appe
- heat appe pan or paniyaram pan, add few drops of oil inside the holes.
- now fill the holes with a tbsp of batter in each.
- cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes on low flame or until appe gets cooked slightly. Once the base turns golden, flip it over to the other side using a spoon.
- simmer further and cook on low heat until it turns golden brown.
- serve instant murmura appe with tomato ketchup or chutney.
- soak murmura and sooji for at least 20 minutes.
- the batter should have a medium-thick and spreading consistency.
- baking soda gives fluffiness to nashta.
- cook nashta on medium flame.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes