Bharela bhinda is a popular Gujarati curry and has little sweet, sour and medium spicy in terms of taste, just like any Gujarati food. It also has some nutty flavors from peanut, besan and sesame. Making stuffed bhindi or bharwa bhindi requires some time and effort. But in this recipe, I share the easiest way without stuffed masala into bhindi. It is perfect for your everyday lunch; do give this one a try!
Bharela bhinda nu shaak | How to make Stuffed bhindi | Gujarati style bharela bhinda
- 250 grms bindi or green okra
- 4 tbsp oil
- Few methi seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- For masala
- 4 tbsp or ¼ cup coarsely grinded peanuts
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp roasted besan gram flour
- ¼ tsp hing
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- Wash and dry the bindi properly. Then cut the upper and lower parts of the bindi.
- Now slice bindi into two equal parts.
- Heat oil in a pan, add a few methi seeds, chopped bindi, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook bindi for 7-10 minutes on low flame.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, add crushed peanut, crushed sesame seeds, roasted besan, hing, coriander powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, sugar, lemon juice garam masala, garlic paste and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Add masala into cooked bindi and again cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve bharela bhinda with roti and poori.
- Choose fresh and small-size bindi for sabzi.
- While cutting bindi, rub lemon juice on the knife.
- Cover and cook bindi on low flame.
- If you store masala then add amchur powder instead of lemon juice